Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's in KY con Buzzards

I tend to do things 'a bit differently.'

Like driving to North Carolina and back for the holidays to visit my folks.

Adventure can happen when you least expect it. In Shelbyville, KY for instance. My truck decided to temporarily give up the ghost for a few days in that neck of the woods, where I met some generous and unique folks.

The highlight of this unexpected stopover involved a late-night walk into the woods to find a bivy, a sycamore tree full of roosting turkey vultures, and a cold front making beautiful music in the tree tops.

It's hard to say who was more startled, me or the buzzards. Eventually we all got a good night's sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Wow-impressive! Nice work on breaking the gravitational pull of everything!

    ReplyDelete